Wordsmith.org: Today's Word

Commentary, news, new ideas, links, quote of the day and much more

Today's Quote:

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Waste Not - Want Not


I received a referral to this site from another blogger and I think it's a very hopeful sign and an inspiration.

Since the Calle El Cedro Comite has been formed and will part of a larger citizens organization on the municipal level charged with finding, obtaining financing, and contracting for services and projects to benefit our neighborhood and our municipality in the areas of infrastructure improvement, health, and safety; I was intrigued by some of the Google ads for battery recycling and tire recycling that appeared on the page. At this point in time we have no recycling program here and our landfill is getting full of some really bad stuff. We could turn waste materials into income producers for the neighborhoods and the municipality itself! Anyway, the ideas are very exciting. We certainly need to do something with all the garbage we produce!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live on the Pacific slopes of the Talamanca mountain range in southern Costa Rica. My adult children live in the United States. I have a Masters Degree in Gerontology but have worked as a migrant laborer, chicken egg collector, radio broadcaster, secretary, social worker, research director, bureaucrat, writer, editor, political organizer, publicist, telephone operator, and more. My hobby of photography has garnered some awards.

Blog Archive

Buttons