Wordsmith.org: Today's Word

Commentary, news, new ideas, links, quote of the day and much more

Today's Quote:

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Just How Gay Is the Right? - New York Times

Just How Gay Is the Right? - New York Times

Provocative and thoughtful article. I remember the films to which the OP-Ed piece refers and they were very good and very scary and certainly worth watching again. But can anyone explain gay-bashing by gays? The political right is full of people in denial of reality it would seem What is your view? Do you believe that a lot of the bru-ha-ha over the judiciary is really about homophobia?

And speaking of the battle over the confirmation of "activist" judges with a homophobic, anti-abortion, religious right fringe orientation - check out this little video ad. It comes with the release of the latest Star Wars episode and uses that theme!

Comments, anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary, I find the New York Times has turned a bit "sensationalist" or should I say "opportunistic" in order to write a good story, so I've stopped taken it seriously.

A bit related: I think you'll like this Organic Store Wars Video

About Me

My photo
I live on the Pacific slopes of the Talamanca mountain range in southern Costa Rica. My adult children live in the United States. I have a Masters Degree in Gerontology but have worked as a migrant laborer, chicken egg collector, radio broadcaster, secretary, social worker, research director, bureaucrat, writer, editor, political organizer, publicist, telephone operator, and more. My hobby of photography has garnered some awards.

Blog Archive

Buttons