Wordsmith.org: Today's Word

Commentary, news, new ideas, links, quote of the day and much more

Today's Quote:

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

OBAMA WINS!

Even this old cynic, wept with emotion! A truly memorable day in the history of the United States of America and of the world. He is the right man with the right message at the right time. I watched President-Elect Obama's acceptance speech on CNN. What really got to me was the seeing all those young people weeping with the excitement and emotion of the moment. The faces of hope. Mr. Barrack will have his work cut out for him. His first year in office will be extremely difficult. He has inherited a world in crisis. He'll need the help and support of not only every American, but everyone on the planet in one form or another. I'm sure he'll have it. I have renewed hope for the future. Now we must all work together to save this sorry planet.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live on the Pacific slopes of the Talamanca mountain range in southern Costa Rica. My adult children live in the United States. I have a Masters Degree in Gerontology but have worked as a migrant laborer, chicken egg collector, radio broadcaster, secretary, social worker, research director, bureaucrat, writer, editor, political organizer, publicist, telephone operator, and more. My hobby of photography has garnered some awards.

Blog Archive

Buttons