Wordsmith.org: Today's Word

Commentary, news, new ideas, links, quote of the day and much more

Today's Quote:

Thursday, September 06, 2007

September 15 March on Washington

I have been hearing from so many organizations about this March, that it would appear they are all pinning hopes for a better, more peaceful, and more intelligent government on huge public demonstrations.

I've attended my share of demonstrations in my time. They are valuable in uniting people and reinforcing their commitments to change. The Bush government has been so paranoid that I worry quite a bit about how peacefully they will allow demonstrators to legally exercize their constitutional rights. Will they attempt to stop the marchers or will they infiltrate and try starting riots and other violent acts to all them to bring in the military for "control"? Or will they simply blind-side the public as they have been doing for years now with false information, fraudulent news coverage, and claims that the "terrorists" are very happy to see this kind of public outcry or that they are even responsible for it.

I'm old enough to remember Viet Nam. I remember that no matter what was going on, the government didn't actually take bold action to extricate itself from Viet Nam (and Cambodia) until the mass marches and demonstrations began. These were news stories that couldn't be covered up. Let's hope this Sept. 15 public march for peace and justice with honor brings the desired results. Will you be there?

For more information contact http://www.pephost.org/site/PageServer?pagename=S15_homepage and http://www.impeachbush.org

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live on the Pacific slopes of the Talamanca mountain range in southern Costa Rica. My adult children live in the United States. I have a Masters Degree in Gerontology but have worked as a migrant laborer, chicken egg collector, radio broadcaster, secretary, social worker, research director, bureaucrat, writer, editor, political organizer, publicist, telephone operator, and more. My hobby of photography has garnered some awards.

Blog Archive

Buttons